Counter

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Car

I knew replacing my Maxima was going to be a difficult task. Unfortunately it also had to happen quite quickly as I couldn't be without transportation for very long.

Saturday evening, the day of my accident, my brother Andrew and I started the search.

We figured out my requirements, and looked online at nearly every possible option.

During that week, we test drove the top contenders; a total of six cars.

The decision was actually very easy, because the car I settled on was clearly the best of all the cars we looked at, and one of the most affordable.

I got a 2014 Hyundai Sonata hybrid.

My original plan was to buy something two or three years old, but the dealer quickly pointed out that with the amazing sale they had going on that weekend, a brand new car was only $2,000 more than a two year old used car. For that small of a price difference, and with the added warranty I would receive, I decided to buy new.

I drove it off the lot with 15 miles on the odometer!

I'm excited to get to know this new car, but also excited that because of the great warranty, I won't have to pay for any repairs for at least 100,000 miles.

So far I like it a lot. I'm impressed with how quick it can be when I really put my foot down; and when I drive more sensibly, I love that I get over 35 mpg. It appears that I will only have to fill up on fuel about half as much as with my Maxima, so that will be nice.
It also has all the nifty features that I was hoping to find in a replacement vehicle.

I think I did pretty well with this purchase.


No comments: