Counter

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Sighting

Recently I experienced a sighting.

Not an extra terrestrial sighting, or a paranormal sighting, or a Big Foot sighting.

It was an E-Unit sighting.

Years ago (approximately eight,) I dated this girl. We dated for two years.

When we broke up, she moved out of state and I never heard from her again.

It was hard. Really hard.


Several months ago, I was walking through a building.

Suddenly, I was face to face with this girl.

It was a little awkward.

Ok, it was a lot awkward.

I don't remember a lot about the experience, I just remember that I had no idea what to say, and that I was extremely uncomfortable.

I think I asked her how her family was about three times.


Several weeks later I ran into her again.

This time it wasn't quite as awkward.

We actually sat and talked for a while.

I even teased her about an argument we once had, because her views had obviously changed since then.

It was pleasant enough, but strange to be sitting and talking with someone who belonged in a very distant and different time of my life.

Part of me wanted to stay in that nostalgic place.

Eventually we parted ways, and that was the last time I saw her.

It was completely unexpected, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

That is all.

No comments: