Counter

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

100 Miles!


I completed the Bike MS Century Ride!

It was so much fun! I would definitely do it again.

I was actually surprised by how easy it was. There really weren't any major hills, and I felt really well prepared for it.

I got through the whole thing without any aches or pains. I was tired of course, and it was difficult to keep up my pace towards the end once my energy was waning, but I was very happy with my performance.

Here are my recorded stats:
Ride Time: 5 hours 46 minutes
Trip Distance: 100.16 miles
Average Speed: 17.36 mph
Max Speed: 39.36 mph
Average Cadence: 95 rpm
Max recorded temperature: 114.9 deg F!

Here are some photos!


I was worried that I would be late in the morning because on my way there, I got stuck behind a house!


Here I am waiting to start. There were a lot of people there! I think about 2700 people participated.


They had to send us out in waves starting at about 7:30. I'm not sure exactly what time I started, but I know when I finished. I think with the aid station stops, I did it in a little under 7 hours. Not sure though.

I took a bunch of selfies at the aid stations, but they pretty much just show me in various stages of sweatiness.  You guys probably don't want to see those...so here are some action shots from the photographers they had out on the course.











They gave us pretty nice medals!

I think if I were to do it again, I would do two things differently. First, I would bring along a camera other than my phone. One I could grab and operate while I was riding. We saw some beautiful scenery along the way, and I would have liked to have captured more of it. Second, I would spend less time at the aid stations. I was sort of riding with a group the whole time, and I was trying to stay with them.  Also, I wasn't sure how difficult it would be, so I admit that I took it kind of easy. I would really like to keep the total event time, including stops, down under six and a half hours.

All in all it was a great experience!

No comments: