Counter

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Summer Commute

Last summer I decided to get more into cycling, so I purchased a shiny new road bike. :)

This summer I've decided to try commuting to work on my bike.

It's only 10 miles each way, and I have a pretty good route picked out that is safe for cyclists.

Also, my work is pretty bicycle friendly with our showers, and changing area with lockers.

Plus, there are already several people I know of who regularly bike to work.

They are pretty cool dudes...I would also like to be a cool dude...

So yesterday I rode my bike to work for the first time.

It was a great success!

My morning ride was very pleasant, and I felt great afterwards.

When I drive, it takes me about 20 minutes to get to work. Biking only took me 40.

Sure it makes my commute twice as long, but I get my daily exercise at the same time. So that's pretty good I guess.

My afternoon trip had significantly more traffic to deal with, so it was slightly less pleasant, but still quite enjoyable.

I felt well equipped for the commute with my backpack, spandex, and flashy lights, but I think I still need to get a mirror for my helmet. I know they look dorky, but it would make me feel a lot better knowing what was coming up from behind. Glancing over my shoulder all the time gets old real quick.

It was too cold to ride in today (May 1 = snow in Utah), but I'm hoping that this will become my regular summer routine. :)

Here's to being awesome!





1 comment:

Tom Molon said...

I hope you have kept riding your bike every day in May as it's the National Bike Month !