Counter

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Memorial Day Activities

(I know this is super late, but better late than never I suppose...)

I had a great Memorial Day weekend this year!

It all started Friday after work.  My dad picked me up because my car was in the shop getting a new radiator. The previous radiator pretty much exploded.
Seriously, it was blowing antifreeze all over the engine compartment!
This allowed me to have a nice pizza dinner with my family.

The shop had called earlier and said that my car probably wouldn't be ready by the end of the day, so I was all prepared to not have a car at all over the weekend.
During dinner, at 6:45, I got a call back saying that it was ready for me to pick up!
Normally the shop closes at 6:00, so I think they stayed late so I could have my car for the long weekend.
I was extremely grateful!

Saturday was really good.
It had been quite a while since I had had a whole day free of plans, so Saturday I made the most of it by not doing much at all.
I stayed in my pajamas until about 6pm.
I spent most of the day reading.
I really wanted to finish the book I was in the middle of.
I watched a movie, went to dinner with some friends, and then got some things done around the house. It was a pretty relaxing day.

Sunday I was busy doing my normal church/meetings stuff.  I read some more, and then stayed up way too late listening to music, and playing a movie trivia game with friends. I rock at movie trivia! It was a good day.

Monday was the best day though.
In the morning (not too early) I went hiking with the same group of movie trivia friends from the night before.  We hiked up to Elephant rock in Mueller Park Canyon. I believe it was six miles round trip.  It was a perfect day, and a great hike, mostly in the shade, and not too strenuous. Just a pleasant walk through the hills.
After the hike, I met up with my Mom and brother and we planted flowers at my Grandma's house.
This is a regular summer event for us.
Following the flowers, we went to my Mom's aunt's house for a pool party/BBQ. It was fun being with the extended family for a little while.
Last of all, I finally went to see The Avengers!
It was actually pretty good. I liked it more than I thought I would. It was totally over the top, and definitely mindless entertainment, but as far as that category goes, it was very good. I would give it three stars out of five.

Now it's picture time!

The path of the pipeline. 


Elephant Rock. 



Moi. 

Lunch! 

This dude was hanging out on the rock with us. 

Avengers!

No comments: