Counter

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yup...This is Pretty Much How It is.

So I came across this picture/meme thingy today on good ol' FB.

I'll be honest, I don't really know what a "meme" is, but people have been throwing that word around a lot lately, so I figured I would too.

Anyway...so this picture/meme kind of caught me off guard:


I've been through this recently, and I think I agree with the stages it depicts.

In fact, I'm currently on that sad "months later" stage.

It isn't fun.

Everything has been more difficult lately.

Everything.

What's even less fun though, is the knowledge of what her third stage is.

I hope that one doesn't turn out to be true in this case.  I don't think it is yet. Fingers crossed. *


I think the dang meme ends a few stages too early! What happens after the "months later" stage?

I'm not really very good at this sort of thing. Does anyone know what I should expect in the coming months?

I don't mean to be sad or depressing. I just found this picture to be interesting and eye opening.

I have to admit that I have deliberately avoided posting anything deeply personal for quite some time.  I've been going through a lot of complicated personal things, and I didn't feel particularly comfortable blasting all that out onto the internet. I still don't. This is just a little peek for those who care.

If you take the time to read my blog, I'm assuming that you are interested in knowing me better, and actually care about me to some degree. I thank you for reading, and I thank you for caring.

Also...this song.  Pretty much sums it all up. At least for the present.

*(Apparently I need to clarify my interpretation of that third picture. To me it shows a woman who is happy to be rid of her ex. Happy to forget all about him and move on without ever looking back.  When I think of my own situation, I hope that we can both look back in kindness and be happy remembering our shared memories. I hope that nobody would ever be glad to simply be rid of me. I'm a really nice guy, I promise! Of course I want us both to be happy! I want us to be friends, and to be glad that we had the privilege of being so close for so long. I don't want any bad feelings on either side.  If the woman in the third picture is simply meant to convey happiness following the initial heartache, then that is wonderful. Happiness is wonderful. If, on the other hand, she is meant to convey the total and complete expulsion of any feelings she once had, completely forgetting the guy and moving on, I disagree with that. I think we should hold on to the good memories, stay as close as is appropriate, and be kind, civil, and happy for one another when we each eventually find happiness. If I could replace that picture with any other picture, I would put in its place the image of Tom and Summer sitting on a park bench with Summer's hand on Tom's.  This scene takes place at the end of 500 Days of Summer, my favorite relationship movie. It depicts forgiveness, mutual healing, respect, and happiness for one another. Actually, perhaps THAT is the final image I feel the "meme" is missing! The ideal fourth stage.)


7 comments:

Emmy said...

*Hugs*

If you ever need to talk, Robby, I'm always availible ;)

And I'm really sorry things are so difficult for you right now. It'll get better soon. One day, you'll wake up and it won't hurt so much. And as time goes on, this will continue to happen. That's the fourth stage.

Meg said...

So your fingers are crossed for her to not be happy? That's really great.

Robby Spratt said...

No, fingers crossed that she isn't so eager to just let me go and forget about all our good times.
Of course I want her to be happy. So far we have managed to stay close friends, and we still cherish the memories from our relationship.
When I look at that third picture, I see a woman who is glad to be rid of the guy. Someone who has moved on and is never looking back.
I like thinking that we can still look back with love.
Please don't assume that I am a bad guy.
I want the best for her, and I want her to be happy. I always have.

Robby Spratt said...

@Meg
I updated and clarified my post. Please read it again, if you haven't already.

@Emmy
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I really appreciate it. :)

The Hopeless Romantic said...

Every time I think about 500 Days of Summer, I think of you. You introduced me to it (along with a ton of other movies). Hope things get better... what am I saying? Of course they will. Time heals all wounds. (How cliche). :)

Alli said...

This was just what I needed to read tonight. I think I'll need to watch 500 Days of Summer now. Hope life is treating you well!

Anonymous said...

I wish that you two were still together. You were great for each other. Are you sure it is over?