Counter

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting in the Weeds

Today was really rough.
I finally got home around 10pm.
I managed to get my keys out of my pocket and walk up to the house.
I made it most of the way, and then I just stopped.
I put my bag down on the ground, and then collapsed on the bottom step.
I just couldn't bring myself to go inside.
Those last stairs were too much.
I had to sit.
I sat there for quite a while. Thinking.
The words to this song were on my mind.


Eagles - Waiting in the Weeds (Long Road Out of...

I hope I don't have more days like today.
Things need to change.
I need to rearrange some priorities.
Maybe do some things for myself.

I'm grateful for the friend who called me this afternoon, just to say "hi", and see how I was doing.
It was very much needed.
Thanks for thinking of me.
:)

3 comments:

Chess said...

Sorry about your day! Any way you can take a day off and just have it to yourself?

Emmy said...

*Hugs* I'm so sorry, Robby. But don't worry; it's going to get better.

I'm always here for you if you need to talk.........

Robby Spratt said...

Thanks everyone!
I am doing ok, yesterday was just a particularly rough day.
:)