Counter

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pizza Salad!

I don't cook at all; but for some reason I occasionally get the desire to create strange meals that sound good to me.

Some of these ideas have been raging successes, such as my world famous Fourchachos.
Unfortunately, most of my culinary concoctions have been dismal failures. The cougar cheese bean dip, the "soul of the cookie", the microwave warmed Oreo, and the carbonated milk, just to name a few.

My latest idea came when I was talking to a friend about the possibility of making a Jell-O salad.
I said to myself, "Self, I would never voluntarily make a Jell-O salad for my own consumption."

After that I got thinking about the kinds of salads I might actually make.

Nothing really came to mind.

Whenever I have trouble deciding what to eat, pizza is my default fallback option.

Hang on...

PIZZA SALAD!

YES!

I did a quick internet search to see if such a thing already existed...it did...but it looked super boring and stupid!

All they did was make a normal salad, and then throw in a bunch of pizza toppings, like pepperoni, olives, and mushrooms. That's not pizza!

Lame!

I wanted my Pizza Salad to be significantly more awesome.

So what did I do? I took a salad...and I put pizza in it!


Was it any good?

Uh...yeah! That's why I'm blogging about it!

Want detailed instructions? Here you go:

1. Procure a salad.
2. Procure a pizza.
3. Dump the salad in a bowl.
4. Cut up several slices of pizza into little chunks.
5. Throw all those little pizza chunks in the bowl with the salad.
6. Add some grated Parmesan cheese if you want to be all fancy.
7. Liberally apply your favorite dressing/crazy sauce.
8. Scarf that bad boy down!

Go give it a try!

After you try it, come back and comment on how awesome it was!

No comments: