Counter

Saturday, January 7, 2012

50/50


Yes! The 50/50 film review!

I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I absolutely loved this movie!

4 Stars!

No wait...5 Stars!

How many do I usually do? 4? 5?...I think it's 5.

So...5 Stars!

I just saw it, so I haven't really taken the time to analyze why I liked it so much, but let me just say, this film had me weeping like a baby!  I can't remember the last time I was so moved by a film.

Family, friendship, love, life, death, disappointment, tragedy, fear, hope, relief...50/50 covers it all, and does it magnificently!

It is funny throughout, but also achingly serious, and genuinely moving.

This is one of the best films I have seen in a long time.

I am obligated to let you know that the language is pretty rough. R-rated for sure. I don't know why it needs to be that way, perhaps so that it feels more raw and genuine...I don't know. I would prefer clean language, but for a movie of this caliber, it is worth overlooking.

So if you are the type that can overlook some language, check it out! You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

I'll admit I was hesitant to see this one, but I might just have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation :)