Counter

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Finally!

I got my new phone!

(Actually I got it two weeks ago. What can I say? I'm slow to blog these days...)

Isn't it nice looking?
I really like it!

I'm particularly proud of my custom wallpaper.


I decided to use 2001: A Space Odyssey as the basis for my wallpaper for two reasons:

First, it is easy to compare Apple's new (artificially) intelligent assistant, named Siri, to the HAL 9000.  The difference being that Siri is helpful and friendly while HAL is evil and murderous.  Because of this key difference I decided to change HAL's foreboding red glow to a nice friendly blue.

Second, I think that the phone sort of resembles the mysterious black monolith from the film...




See the similarity?

I'm quite happy with the phone so far, and I love how much stuff it can do!
I just wish it hadn't taken so long to arrive.
I preordered it on the 8th, it was officially released on the 14th, and mine didn't arrive until the 27th.
Lesson learned: Next time don't go through AT&T, just order direct from Apple.

It was definitely time for an upgrade.  When I took my old phone in to have all the contacts transferred over, the dude at the store was amazed that I had kept that same old phone for so long.  Hey, it was a really good phone!

I have already found a ton of really cool and useful apps! Would anyone be interested if I started blogging about my favorite apps?

2 comments:

The Hopeless Romantic said...

You are indeed a nerd! But I'm glad you like your new phone. :)

Erica said...

Haha, I love the similarities to Hal and the monolith... you made a good choice. I like the blue.