Counter

Monday, October 31, 2011

Realization

I was at the store a few days ago looking at candy and decorations when I had kind of a depressing realization:

I don't seem to enjoy Halloween anymore. (gasp)

So what the heck is wrong with me?  Finding a costume just seems like such a hassle these days.  Going out on a busy night to a crowded noisy party where I only know a handful of people is suddenly unappealing.  Most discouraging of all, the thought of all that candy kind of grosses me out.

I was discussing this unfortunate realization with one of my coworkers today who pointed out something very interesting.
She said that holidays are less fun for people who are done with college but don't have any kids yet.

That's me.

Holidays are pretty awesome in college when you have tons of single friends and lots of awesome parties to go to. Once you have kids, their excitement helps bring back much of the holiday magic for you as well.  But inbetween these times?  Holidays just aren't as fun as they used to be.

I hope this stage of life doesn't last very long because holidays are awesome and I want to enjoy them again!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Well, at least you still get excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas, right?