Counter

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nothing Says "29" Like...

...1000 rounds of 9mm ammunition!
Ha ha! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Seriously though...I'm 29 now...

I'm not very thrilled about it.  Especially since my Mom reminded me that I am now in my thirtieth year.

Yuck! I can't believe that this is the last year of my 20's! I've accomplished a lot of stuff, especially this last yer, but that doesn't change the fact that I am not exactly where I wanted to be by this time.

"DISAPPOINTED!"
(Not really though; this is more of an inside joke.)

On a happier note, I went to renew my driver's license the other day, and I was pleased that my weight hasn't changed much since my last license 10 years ago.  It's all about the little victories.

Anyway, despite being depressed about my age, it was a pretty good day.
I opened presents in the morning before work. After work, my brothers and I went to the bowling pin shoot. I shot one round in less than four seconds; that's my best time so far.  After shooting, we came home and had pizza and cake with the family.

It was pretty fun, although more lonely than last year.

I've decided that I need to make a list of all the things I need to do before I turn 30.
What do you think should be on this list?

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Happy birthday!!!!

The Hopeless Romantic said...

Visit Washington D.C. (I loved it there).
Write a novel.
Go to the west coast (I've never been).
Go to Comic-Con and meet Nathan Fillion and Zachary Levi.
Learn to knit.
Go on a Caribbean Cruise.

...Okay. So this may be my list of things I need to do before I'm 30. Disregard everything (except maybe the Comic-Con thing- that would be AWESOME!) Hope you still had a happy birthday! :)

Robin said...

I suspect that most people are not *exactly* where they wanted or expected to be at many points in their lives.