Counter

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bowling Pin Shoot

I know I haven't really blogged about this before, so I should tell you that I love shooting sports!

I don't hunt, I just like skill shooting.  Whether it is shotguns and clay pigeons, or pistols and paper, I pretty much enjoy it all.

For the last couple of months my brothers and I have been doing a lot of pistol shooting.

Recently we discovered that the Lions Club near our house does a weekly bowling pin shoot!

It is a simple competition where they setup five pins and you try to shoot over all five pins as quickly as possible.  It is just a small local thing, so it is pretty causal, and you don't really win anything, but it is well attended by good people, and well run.

None of us had ever done any kind of competitive pistol shooting so we were a little nervous at the idea, but it looked like fun and we decided to give it a try.

I'm glad we did because we had a great time!

I was pretty pleased with how I did.  I think we shot about 10 rounds, and in those rounds I hit all but one of my pins.

When I first started I was shooting in the seven second range, but after a few rounds I dropped down to the five second range.  I was hoping to drop below five seconds, but I didn't quite make it.

The fastest guys were shooting all five pins in less than three seconds.  That's pretty dang fast!

I can't wait to do it again! I think this will definitely become a regular activity for us.

Here are a few pictures from the thing:

I like this one because it caught me mid-shot.
You can see my gun mid-cycle, and the first pin tipping slightly before falling off the table.

Two down, three to go.

Last one!

Just a quick shot of my preferred pistol.

3 comments:

Robin said...

That was fun to watch and I was very impressed with your shooting :)

The Hopeless Romantic said...

Dear Robby,

Guys with guns make me (metaphorically) weak in the knees. Take that however you will.

Robby Spratt said...

Ha ha! If that's the case, then you might think twice about going shooting with one of these gun totin' guys of yours. Weak knees and guns could create issues.
:)