Counter

Friday, August 12, 2011

Peace Like a River

I recently read Peace Like a River.

It was excellent!

I loved the characters, the language, the narration...it is just a really great read!

It also has one of the most incredible moments I have ever read. I don't want to give it away, but it is simultaneously thrilling, and horrifying, all in the space of one paragraph.

My only complaint is that I didn't much care for the ending. The ending is good, I just thought it seemed a little out of place given what we know about the characters. Very good read though. I really enjoyed it.
If you like books with narrative styles similar to To Kill a Mockingbird, or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, I think you will really enjoy this book.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I recommend this book to everyone in the world.