Counter

Friday, August 19, 2011

New Year's Highlights

Wow! This is an old one! How did this not get published seven months ago?!
Better late than never, I guess.
I really need to go through my unfinished blog posts more often...
Anyway, here is the much delayed review of my New Year's celebrations.

We went to see Tron: Legacy in 3D IMAX.  It was pretty cool! Amazing score!


We watched Brian Regan at home as a family.  He is so dang funny! No matter how many times I watch his DVDs I end up laughing my head off!


Pizza for dinner, lots of snacks, sparkling cider, and my brother in some weird scarf thing...


We played family games like Uno, Go fish, and Apples to Apples.
We also told a really lame progressive story thing.

To celebrate the new year we opened fortune cookies and popped those party popper things.  Good times.


That night/early morning, after the festivities were over, we had a slumber party with family and friends.


Oh yes! I almost forgot! Every year we always buy a variety of brands of egg nog and do taste tests to see which one is our favorite.  It's pretty fun.  I'm always surprised at the weird variety of nogs that my Dad manages to find.

Lastly, my very most favorite New Years activity, (and pretty much everyone else's as well) was...

NERF WARS!





We ran all over the house flinging hundreds of little foam darts at each other.
It was pretty dang awesome!
Even my mom joined in on the fun for a little while.  She liked it.

(As a side note, we are still finding darts strewn about the house in odd places.)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ha ha, I can't believe you did a New Year's post in August. That nerf war was super fun.

Emmy said...

You guys have the coolest New Years traditions!

And I love Brian Regan, too :) Saw him live a few months back...most amazing thing ever!

Erica said...

Hahahahahah oh my gosh!!! I want to come to your house next year!!!