Counter

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yet Another Major Achievement...

Let me tell you about an aspiration I have had for quite some time...

Travelling is so expensive and such an ordeal that whenever you fly someplace it ordinarily is for several days just to make it worth it.

Several days of travel requires luggage. Lots of luggage.

A long time ago I had an idea.

I'm not sure where this idea came from, perhaps a movie, or a book, or just my imagination...

The idea was this:
How cool would it be to be able to go to the airport, hop on a plane somewhere, and not have any luggage?

How could this be possible?

Well perhaps you are wealthy and important enough to have a home in two different cities, with complete wardrobes at each location, thus negating the need for bulky suitcases or carry-ons...

Or perhaps you are important enough that you can fly someplace for a meeting that lasts less than a day, and then fly home again...

Whatever the reason, I have always aspired to fly someplace without luggage, or a bulky carry-on.

Well now comes the exciting part...

Earlier this week I got to go on my very first BUSINESS TRIP!

Yup. I got to go to Palo Alto, California for a meeting about a project I am working on.

The meeting was Monday afternoon.

I flew out Monday morning.

What did I take with me?

Nothing but my stylish leather messenger bag containing essential documents for the meeting.


Check one more goal off the list!

(So what if I didn't leave until Tuesday...all that added to my bag was a toothbrush/toothpaste, deodorant, and change of underwear...I'm still counting it!)

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think you have pretty much made it in this world. What more is there?

Erica said...

That totally counts!!!!! Look at you Mr. Important!!!!!!!