Counter

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Was That My Phone?"

This morning I had a funny exchange with my Dad while on our way to work (we don't work together, but our offices are near each other, so sometimes we carpool):

I am driving along enjoying the uncluttered early morning freeway when my Dad suddenly starts trying to pull his phone out of his pocket.
"Was that my phone that just beeped?"
"I didn't hear anything." I said.
He looks at his phone, sees nothing to warrant a  beep, is quiet for a moment, and then says, "maybe it was his phone," motioning to the guy in the car next to us.
I quickly glance over and see a guy talking on his cell phone.  Unfortunately this is not an unusual sight.
Then my dad says, "I'm amazed he would interrupt his reading of the paper to answer the phone..."
I look over in bewilderment and sure enough, the guy has a newspaper perched on his steering wheel.
Some people...

4 comments:

Chess said...

What an eejit! Hahaha!

Robby Spratt said...

I love that you said "eejit". That's how they say it in Ireland...

Emmy said...

...

...

...how are you supposed to read the newspaper while driving??

Aaron said...

From previous.... I love that you bought 2 cases of girl scout cookies, that is awesome!
Alfee was a monster that lived in our old basement!