Counter

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Major Achievement/Purchase

All of my life has been building towards one momentous event.

An event that every boy dreams about from an early age.

For me, that event has finally arrived.

The day has come when I can BUY MY OWN CAR!

Until now, all the cars I have driven have technically been owned by my parents.

Most of them I have put considerable work and money into fixing up, so that partially qualified them as "mine", but this is the first car that is "all mine".

It is a pretty big deal in a man's life.

One thing that you should know about me is that I love driving manual transmission cars.

Out of the five cars I have driven for extended periods of time, only two have been manuals.

I made a promise to myself many years ago that when I had the means to buy my own car, I would buy a manual.

That time is now.

What did I buy?

A 2001 Nissan Maxima with a 5-speed manual transmission!

It's pretty awesome.

Wanna see?

Of course you do...

Here it is!





Amazing, isn't it?

I really like it! It is clean, runs great, and is very fun to drive.

I am one happy driver.
:)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Ha! I love that the pics were taken in my classy parking lot.

I too am happy for you to have your own car! :)