Counter

Thursday, April 21, 2011

How Many Achievements Can a Guy Have in One Month Anyway?

Yup, I've got another one...

I graduated from the LDS Institute.

This is actually kind of a funny story.

So I've been in college for the better part of seven years.

All through college I've taken religious institute classes.

I usually try to take two or three each semester so that I will have one class every day.

Anyway, I've never really paid any attention to the requirements for graduation...that is until my last semester...

I went to the institute office and asked them to check if I qualify for graduation.

The lady told me that I didn't, and that I needed another couple of credits in a particular area of study.

I was bummed but figured I would get the needed credits sometime in the future.

I pretty much forgot about it.

Then one day I got a letter in the mail with an invitation to Institute graduation...

Huh?

I thought I didn't qualify.

The letter I got said that I had 39 credits...39!


You only need 14 to graduate!

I don't know if they just felt bad for me and decided that I should graduate anyway, but I'll take it!

On Sunday I got my 14, 22, and 30 credit hour certificates.

I was the very first person to receive my certificate and walk.

They read my name wrong, but whatever. At least I finally got the dang thing!

The speakers were pretty good.

I also got to chat with one of my favorite institute teachers again.

It was a cool experience.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Congrats, Robby!!!!!!!

wilybrunette said...

whooohoooo! awesome. congrats!