Counter

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sparks are Gonna Fly!

Today was fairly interesting.
I went to work at my new job (which is awesome,) followed by paintball practice.

While we were at the paintball place, all the lights suddenly went out.
We went outside to see what was what, and saw that all the buildings within eyesight were dark.
A lady said that the sky lit up blue and flashed a few times.
That can mean only one thing...blown power transformer.

So I packed up my stuff and headed home.
Did I mention it was a freaking blizzard outside?!

While I was driving along on the freeway I suddenly saw the sky light up like the lady had described.
I looked over and saw bright blue sparks erupting from the transformer on a nearby powerline.
Suddenly all the lights on the freeway went out.

But wait, there's more!
As I was coming up one of the main streets in my place of residence, I suddenly had to change lanes because a big pine tree had fallen down and was blocking part of the road.
Crazy!

To top it all off I saw a car with its hazard lights on, slipping and sliding, unable to make it up the hill leading to my street.
The weather was just too much for that little car to handle.
I was glad my car did well.

It's been a long time since I had such an exciting drive home.
I thoroughly enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Wow! Too much excitement for me, I'm afraid, but I'm glad you had fun and that you made it home safely. Must have been a pretty epic adventure :P