Counter

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gingerbread, Arm wrestling, and Lava Pools!

The Saturday before Christmas, I went with Robin to her family's annual gingerbread house making party.

I had never made a gingerbread house before in my life.

It was awesome!


It was so much fun figuring out all the cool stuff we could do with the various candies and treats that people had  brought.  Of course I had to sneak an occasional nibble for myself.  I think that is required.

Robin came up with most of the cool stuff for our house, including the roof and the landscaping.
My contribution was turning a leg-less gingerbread man into a gingerbread man with a pretzel peg-leg and a licorice cane.  I also turned his armless amputee friend into a pretzel-prosthetic waving masterpiece.

Perhaps I should remind you of my personal motto in life: Obnoxiousness at all costs.

Check out our finished house!

Anyway, something amazing happened.

We had the vote for best house, and we tied for first!

It was an intense showdown between Robin and me, and Meg and Kyle.  

They did an awesome abstract gingerbread home that would have made Frank Lloyd Wright proud.
They even had lava pools out front!

We attempted to settle the tie vote by an arm wrestle.  I know you want to see how that went!
video

Because there was a second tie, we had to do a re-vote just between our two houses.

You know what happened?

We Won!

We came out on top by only one vote. It was very intense.

I think we may have had a sympathy vote or two because of our poor crippled gingerbread men.

The best part though is that Robin now gets to keep the coveted winner's Christmas vest for a whole year!

Good Times!


(I stole most of these photos from Robin's Mom's blog.)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ha ha that's the first time I've seen this video! We rock.

Chess said...

Nicely done, you two! Haha! :-)

Erica said...

Oh my gosh Robby, you two are SO cute!!!!! Love, love, love it!