Counter

Monday, December 6, 2010

Is It Really Going to Happen?

I picked up my cap and gown today, complete with honor chords.
I filled out some sort of graduation survey thingy.
My name was in the school paper for 2010 Fall graduates.
I filled out some paper work in my department.
The secretary said she checked my status and everything looks good.

This graduation thing might actually happen!

The last couple of weeks I've had a recurring fear/nightmare.  I'm terrified that I will come all this way, only to fail one class that will prevent me from graduating.  I really hope that doesn't happen.
I already know that I have A's in two of my classes.  I'm pretty sure I did really well in a third class.  It's only my fourth class that I am uncertain about.  It's one of those annoying classes where you don't have any sort of grade update until you actually get your final grade.  I did well on all but one test, and I did well on the homework...so I guess it will come down to the final...(forebode!)

Here's something funny.
I had some deja vu when I picked up my cap and gown.  I had to fill out a little thing stating my degree and department, etc.  When I got to the department part I couldn't remember if it was a Bachelor of Science or some other Bachelor type degree.  The guy at the desk had to remind me, which was when my deja vu started.  After that he pointed out to me that the box I had to check was very dark, and I just needed to make some kind of mark that was visible.  Deja vu again.  It was weird. I could have sworn I had had that exact same conversation before...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hooray for graduation!!!!!!!! What now?