Counter

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

13.2

Sometimes I drive my Mom to work.
She is a teacher.
On the street where she teaches there is a house decorated with a large banner.
The banner says...

Congrats Kat
13.2!

It is decorated with a drawing of two feet wearing shoes and striped socks.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS BANNER IS TALKING ABOUT!

I pointed it out to my Mom today.
She said, "it's definitely not an ACT score."
I said, "at least not a good one."
She laughed.  A lot.
I still have no idea what this 13.2 is or why someone would be congratulated for it...

3 comments:

Robin said...

Isn't 13.2 miles the distance of a half-marathon? I think I have solved your mystery.

wilybrunette said...

i think it means she completed a half-marathon. just a guess.

Robby Spratt said...

You girls are probably right...even though a half-marathon is really 13.1 miles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_marathon

So...congratulatory sign fail?