Counter

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fresh Vegemite!

Today I stopped by the London Market near Trolley Square to pick up a new jar of Vegemite.

Somehow, my last jar of delicious yeast extract got lost when I moved last year.
Somebody probably thieved it from me in an attempt to obtain some of my elusive awesome sauce.
It was expired anyway, so I was probably due for a new jar.

I always have to exercise restraint whenever I visit this place because they pretty much stock all of my favorite British goodies.

Here is todays haul:














I got a small jar of Vegemite, because a little goes a long way.
A large Cadbury Bournville bar, because it is the BEST dark chocolate ever!
A Kit Kat Chunky, because a Kit Kat is even more awesome when it is Ginormous!
And a classic Yorkie bar, because I like its slogan. :)

I also made myself a Vegemite sandwich for lunch today.  You know, like in the classic Men at Work song?  Yeah, it was amazing, and you should be jealous of me.

JEALOUS!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I am SO jealous! And I have to ask....why aren't Yorkie Bars for girls? The very fact that I cannot have it makes me want it all the more! :P

Robby Spratt said...

I'm not really sure why. It is just their slogan. This article explains a little bit about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkie_(chocolate_bar)

Tim said...

The fact that you were that close to my office and didn't stop by really makes me angry.

Robby Spratt said...

Tim, I didn't know that your work is the sort of place that likes visitors stopping by. When I came before it seemed like they prefer when visitors have appointments. I will remember that the next time I am by.