Counter

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Life of Pi



This book was WEIRD! Not so much at the beginning, or the middle, or even approaching the end, it was super ultra mega weird and creepy right AT the end! The second to last chapter was one of the most bizarre things I have ever read. Loved the twist!

The entire book wasn't at all what I expected. I was told that the beginning was difficult to get through, but once you got to the ocean, you never looked back.
I had the opposite reaction. I loved the beginning, and found the ocean part to be slightly repetitive and boring. The survival stuff was interesting, but there was an awful lot of fishing and a talking about fish.
I could go into great detail about my interpretation of the story, or how I might discuss the suggestion that this a story that will make you believe in God, but I don't want to give away anything to those who haven't read it. If you want to discuss it, feel free to let me know in a comment, or e-mail me. :)

I would recommend Life of Pi, provided you can handle a few parts of extreme violence and gore. In general it is a very mild story. There were just a few parts that made me cringe with disgust. This is probably one of the most graphically gory stories I have ever read. Most of it was good though.

Overall, I would probably give it three and a half stars out of five. It was good, I enjoyed most of it, but it isn't going to become one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

I read this a few years back, and I really don't remember details, but I will say that my reaction was similar to yours. A very interesting read, but not a favorite. I might have to pick it up again and refresh my memory of the story.