Counter

Monday, August 23, 2010

A New Nickname

I've had a lot of nicknames over the years, I guess Robby and Rob are technically nicknames themselves since my actual name is Robert.  Additionally I have been called Roberto, Bob, Bobert, Berto, R-Bert, Roberticle, Bruce, Robert the Bruce, RB3, RB3-PO, Big Red, Spratt the Cat, Captain Sexy Pants, and Nancy.  I suppose to make the list more complete you could throw Elder Spratt in there too.
Also my mom wins for using the longest, most complicated, nickname of all time. She calls me Roberty berto spratt junior the third. I like that one. :)
Recently I found out about a new nickname I have been given.
One of the members of my bishopric regularly brings his wife and kids to our singles ward, and to our ward activities.  I don't know why, but his kids seem to have taken a liking to me. This is unusual.  I like kids just fine, but I don't have much experience in dealing with them.  I haven't gone out of my way to talk to these kids, but nevertheless, they seem to like me.
So recently their mom informed me that they have started calling me Robby Ray Stewart.  I've never seen Hannah Montana, but apparently, in the show, Billy Ray Cyrus goes by the name Robby Ray Stewart.  Clever huh?
Anyway, the kids like Hannah Montana, and I'm probably the only person named Robby that they know, so thus I have been given the nickname of Robby Ray Stewart.  I will try to wear this name with honor. :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Is it okay if I call you Nancy?

wilybrunette said...

ha ha! very cute.