Counter

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fishing Adventure

Yesterday...I went fishing!
Let me begin by saying that I am not an avid fisherman.

When I say that "I am not an avid fisherman," what I really mean is that I don't fish...at all.

I've only attempted to fish maybe three or four times in my entire life.

I think I might have caught something once, but I don't remember.

Anyway, some friends invited me to go fishing with them, and I thought it might be fun to give it another try.

I'm kind of a softy when it comes to animals and killin' stuff, so I was planning on doing the old catch-and-release thing.

The thought of cleaning and gutting a freshly-dead fish kind of makes me woosy anyway; not to mention the moral dilemma of needlessly murdering a poor defenseless fish.

Luckily, I didn't catch anything, so I was spared the anguish of this moral dilemma.

Although I didn't catch any fish, there was some excitement when I engaged in a mighty struggle to real in a clump of mud and weeds. I swear that clump of junk was fighting back!

It was a very nice day, and a good way to take a break from the daily grind of not-working. ;)

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I went fishing once when I was little, and "caught" a fish. (Basically, my aunt baited the hook and cast it for me, and my uncle helped me reel it in. One of them was constantly holding the rod--I was only three or four and needed the help haha). So,I guess I didn't really catch anything either!

Erica said...

Robby, you crack me up!!!!! Sounds like you and I would be perfect fishing buddies :)