Counter

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bryce Canyon Adventure

Last weekend some friends and I went down to Bryce Canyon in southern Utah.  We went down because my friend Jason was running in the half-marathon, and figured it would be fun to turn into a weekend of camping and hiking.  We went down Friday, camped out Friday night, did all the half-marathon stuff Saturday morning, spent some time hiking, and then came back Saturday afternoon.  It was a quick trip, but we had a blast!

Here are several guys from our group getting camp set up.

Here is my buddy Jason coming up on the finish line!

Another friend, Camilla, was also there for the half-marathon.  Doesn't she look great?  At this point she is mere feet from the finish line.

Here are all the runners from our group stretching and relaxing after the race.  They all did really well!

After everyone was all recovered from the race, we headed into the park to do some hiking.

We decided to hike the Fairyland Canyon trail, so naturally we had to attempt to look as macho as possible.  I kind of failed...

Macho fail number two, this time with all the guys.

Yeah, we hiked clear the heck down in there!

More of the group.

Check me out!

I loved how vibrantly green this tree looked amidst all the red rock.

Triumphant Jason!

We felt like we were walking into Mordor!


"Do I look heavyish to you?  I feel heavyish... Put a note on my desk in the morning...think thin."


Tower Bridge


The trees smelled like Cream Soda!  I'm serious!  I wanted to lick it!

On the way home...
Ah...precious...

THE END

2 comments:

Robin said...

Looks fun! Nice photos. The tree with the twisty trunk is really cool.

Kendra said...

it looks like you had a lot of fun! the canyon is gorgeous!