Counter

Monday, June 21, 2010

Weirdest Dream Ever!

This post was originally intended to be my first ever blog post over a year ago! The original date stamp is from 4/1/09. In fact, this dream was the driving force that finally convinced me to make a blog of my own.
For some reason I couldn't quite finish the story, so I moved on to other humorous experiences instead. I didn't want this experience to go wasted, so I finally finished it! I present to you, my weirdest dream ever:

Several nights ago I had the most vivid dream of my life! I don't usually remember dreams, but this one will be permanently ingrained in my memory forever.

The dream takes place partly in my home town of Bountiful, and partly in my current town of Logan. The two places were somehow mixed together, as things often are in dreams.

I was asked to house sit for a wealthy family in Bountiful. Their house was located out in the country(Bountiful doesn't have country.) I still vividly remember how I got there in my dream. As I travelled south on Bountiful Boulevard it somehow transformed into a country road similar to the road from Logan to Paradise and Avon; only this road was much longer.

Somehow I got out to their home without a car; I must have taken a bus or something. The man of the house told me that for the week I would be house sitting for them I was welcome to drive his car; which just happened to be an Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Mmmm Hmmm that's right!

I performed the necessary duties around the house and yard, and finally it is time to head home. I still remember nervously approaching the vehicle, unlocking it, and sitting down in the drivers seat. I was so nervous as I started the car and pulled out of the drive.

So I'm driving home in this very fine automobile, thoroughly enjoying the experience. I am driving quickly, but not not too quickly, down the wide open country road. I feel a little awkward as I approach my home and pull into the driveway. If you have ever driven home a car that is not your own, you will understand the feelings I had; especially if you have ever driven home an extremely nice and expensive car.

I get home and my parents are obviously surprised to see me in the car. They come out and admire the vehicle, as do some of the neighbors. I remember going to bed and getting up the next day. All of the previous days awkward feelings return as I get in the car to drive back to the house in the country.

As I am driving through Bountiful I can tell people are checking me out. I pull up to a stop light, and look over at the car next to me where a beautiful girl is smiling at me. I smile, wink, and then pull away from the light.

That's right, I'm cool.

I go back to the house and perform my duties. I'm pretty sure it involved yard work, a dog, and a river, but I don't remember the specifics. Anyway, again I drive home for the evening, and eventually I go to bed.

Suddenly I wake up and I am at home in bed. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and still feel as if the dream could be true. I'm laying thinking to myself that in the morning I need to ask my Dad about the house sitting/Aston Martin thing to see if it actually happened.

Suddenly I wake up...again! This time I'm at my apartment in Logan! Now I'm really confused. Had I just woken up from a dream, while I was still dreaming? A dream within a dream! How weird is that?! I have honestly never been so disoriented in my entire life! It was as if I was at home in bed, and then suddenly transported to a different bed, in a different place. At first I was dizzy and disoriented. I looked at the ceiling, then I put my hands in front of my face and stared at them for a while, then I sat up in bed and looked around the room for a while. Finally I actually got out of bed, walked around the apartment, and got a drink of water. It was probably ten minutes before I felt I had my bearings again and decided to go back to bed. It was really trippy.

Have any of you ever had a dream within a dream? I'd kind of like to have one again, but I don't know if I ever will.

2 comments:

Chess said...

Oh, I've had the dreams within dreams. They're often the most disappointing, because TWICE they are not real. Usually the dreams where I am flying. Hahaha!

Erica said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome!!!!! It would fit perfectly into our McCuskey class from last semester, you know, Lit theory.