Counter

Monday, June 14, 2010

"How's it Hanging?"

I think this expression is pretty funny...especially when a guy says it to a girl.
Of course, it is also pretty funny when a girl asks this question of a guy.
I wonder if most people understand what this expression is referring to...
It's pretty much only ok for guys to say to other guys.

Why, you ask?

Well, when I was a young man, my mother taught me not to use this phrase, as it refers to the male genitalia.

Shocked? I was!

So if you didn't know before, you can now see why the previously mentioned situations are so humorous.

Whenever I am asked this question, my response usually goes something like this: "Um...that's kind of a strange question to ask...do you really want to know?"

Of course that would just make the person feel awkward so I would only respond in that manner if I knew them well and felt like teasing them.

Otherwise, I would probably just ignore the original question and respond as if they had asked, "how are you?"

You've seen the movie Liar Liar, right? If you recall, Jim Carey was asked this question in the film, and I won't remind you of his response.

I guess my point in all this is that it's a pretty funny question to hear, especially when you know what it means, and the other person clearly doesn't.

Wasn't that fun? An educating, enlightening, and uplifting post. I hope you enjoyed it! ;)

3 comments:

Erica said...

you are funny Mr. Spratt :) at least you don't answer the truth.. although that would be hilarious.

Emmy said...

lol :P Thanks for enlightening us, Robby! That's pretty funny, actually, haha

Emmy said...

I just noticed your official "seal of approval" at the bottom of your blog page; that's awesome! :D