Counter

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Book Thief


With tears still lingering in my eyes, I turned the last page, and closed the book.
The Book Thief is a truly remarkable story which somehow draws tears of sadness, and then, only pages later, draws fresh tears of joy. The last few chapters were pretty emotional for me.

Although narrated by Death, The Book Thief is one of the most touching human experiences you will ever have. It is amazing how you can learn to cherish life by seeing it through the eyes of Death.

In addition to the profound story, the characters of The Book Thief are wonderful. Hans, Liesel, Rudy, and Max are my new heroes! I grew to love each one of them. There are other wonderful characters, but those four are my favorites.

It took me a while before I really got into the story and began to connect with the characters, but it was worth it! Once I did, the rest was very rewarding. I can't recommend The Book Thief enough! Thanks go out to my friend Corey for the recommendation.

I probably should have waited to publish my Top Ten Good Reads until I finished this book because it would definitely be on that list.


4 comments:

Chess said...

You've definitely got some good recommends here. Hopefully, one of these days I will find the energy to want to read. Hahaha.

(Don't worry about me. This ain't no full-blown crush yet. I know better than that. It's just something for me to smile about!)

Robin said...

I agree with everything you said. This book is really excellent.

Emmy said...

Robby! You've just made my day :D This is one of my favorite books, and to be honest, I totally forgot about it (Shameful!) until you mentioned it! Can you say special library trip?? :P

Robby Spratt said...

It was recommended to me by a friend, and I thought it was wonderful! I always make a point to read my friend's favorite books. At least if they have good taste in books. ;)