Counter

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Maltese Falcon

I just finished reading The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. I picked this book up last summer at an "all the books you can fit in a bag for $6.00" sale in Logan. I didn't really care about reading it at the time, but I had seen the movie, and figured I might pick it up some day. As I recall, I didn't particularly like the movie...but hey, it's a classic! Right?
Anyway, recently I've gotten on a detective novel kick, so I figured I might as well give it a go.
It was ok I guess, but honestly I didn't care for it much. It was just kind of boring. I suppose it had sort of a twist ending, but the twist was kind of predictable. I suppose if you are into classic detective novels, this one is probably worth reading, but otherwise you don't need to worry about it.

1 comment:

Chess said...

We watched clips from that in my film class this week. Good ol' Humphrey Bogart.