Counter

Monday, May 3, 2010

Eraserhead

I recently watched, quite possibly, the strangest movie I have ever seen! Seriously, Eraserhead is freakishly weird! It's indescribably bizarre! I could try to tell you about it, but you wouldn't be able to properly understand unless you saw it for yourself.

What on earth possessed me to watch such a strange movie?

Here's why:
I have a very good friend, who is practically my movie soul-mate. We agree on almost everything, even non-movie-related issues.

Recently we were talking about scary movies, and she mentioned that Eraserhead is the most terrifying film she has ever seen. As I recall, she advised me not to watch it.

I was intrigued.

I feel that to truly know a person, you need to understand certain key things about them, including what really scares them. So with the intent to better know my friend, I decided to defy her counsel and watch the film.

So late Saturday night, home alone, while it was raining, I watched Eraserhead.

Remember my previous post about why "scary" movies don't often scare me? Well this one didn't scare me either. This time I will defer to reason #1. ;)

Nothing about Eraserhead was terrifying to me, I just thought it was inexplicably weird.

Like my friend, I honestly can't recommend this film. There isn't anything unusually graphic or obscene, it's just the kind of film that can't possibly add to the quality of your life, and you are probably better off not having its disturbing nightmarish imagery inside your head.

As far as the content goes, the film is unrated in the USA but I would personally give it a PG-13 rating.

If you do decide to watch it, just remember, "In heaven, everything is fine."


(On a side note, immediately after publishing this post, I checked my visitor counter. It read 666. Now that's kind of creepy...)

No comments: