Counter

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What the Heck!?

The other day I was with my brother at the Smith's grocery store in Logan. We were buying curry mix, and some awesome juice for a little shindig.
I don't know how this happens, but nearly every time I go to the grocery store, I find myself walking down one of "those" aisles in order to get to the other side of the store. You know which aisles I am talking about...the beer aisle, or the feminine hygiene aisle... Anyway, as usual, I found myself casually perusing all the various alcoholic brews, when I noticed something that made me stop, stare, and then take a picture. Here's the picture:

I don't know why, but I think it is hilarious that Smith's is selling ping-pong balls in the beer aisle. What else can possibly be inferred from this product placement other than a deliberate promotion of the game of beer-pong?
I don't actually know anything about beer-pong, or any other drinking games for that matter, but with a little research, I found out that beer-pong is apparently a pretty big deal; they even have an official league.
If you are curious about how beer-pong is played, I found this great instructional video on the interweb. Now I know how to play a game that I'm never actually going to play...FANTASTIC!

p.s. I think by that last statement, what I really mean is that this whole dang post has been nothing but a big waste of time. Congratulations on wasting some of your precious time! :)

p.p.s. I just realized that this blog post lends itself to a sort of funny joke: "Why did Robby cross the feminine hygiene aisle?" "To get to the other side!" HA! Ok, so that was actually pretty lame.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Dear Robby,
You spelled aisle wrong. And I finally get what this picture is. I was totally lost when you showed it to me the first time. :)

Robby Spratt said...

Thanks for the catch on my spelling. It has now been corrected. I don't often spell aisle, so I must have defaulted to my instinctual phonetic spelling of isle. I guess you would know, since you are a grocery store expert. Thanks for reading! :)