Counter

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alternate Top Ten

It was recently pointed out to me that all of the movies on my Top Ten list are there because I have some sort of sentimental attachment to them, and that if I were to choose my top ten list based on movies which I enjoy the most, and watch over and over again, it might be totally different. I took this to heart and assembled (in no particular order) my Most Enjoyed Top Ten list:

Love Actually

I really just love this movie. It is hillarious, and a guaranteed pick-me-up, if ever you are feeling romantically discouraged. All the characters are great, and there is a little something for everyone.







Terminator 2: Judgement Day

This is pretty much the coolest movie ever! Few movies have managed to become as iconic as T2. I maintain that this is the best action movie ever made!







Die Hard

Another great action movie. Die Hard should be considered a "classic" because it goes back to the day when the action was a result of the plot, not the reason for the plot. Every modern action movie pales in comparison to the expert genius of Die Hard!






Big Fish

I love everything about this movie! I doubt any other movie has had such a prolonged influence on me. Big Fish is beautiful and meaningful in every way. I think everyone can identify with it in some way, and therefore I think everyone should see this fine film.






Sleepless in Seattle

To be honest, I'm not sure why I like this movie so much...I just do. Tom Hanks is at his best, and it features Meg Ryan before she became augmented and annoying. It has some of the funniest dialog, and some really memorable scenes. It's especially good if you happen to also be a fan of An Affair to Remember.





Rear Window

I love all Alfred Hitchcock movies, but this is my favorite. One of my fantasies is to be awakened with a kiss from Grace Kelly. Jimmy Stewart is one lucky man! Oh, it is also a really intense, suspenseful thriller. Amazing!







Mr. Mom

This is pretty much an 80s classic. Most people would recognize a few iconic lines from this movie, even though most people haven't even seen it. It's just hillarious! "2-20...2-21...whatever it takes."







Stone Cold

Two words: Tom Selleck. Need I say more? These made for TV movies depict Jessie Stone, the big city detective turned small town police chief. Nobody has ever done the tough-guy-with-a-heart-of-gold better! There are several Jessie Stone movies, but this is my favorite. I've seen it loads of times, and it just doesn't get old.






This movie is my life! I really like it...a lot. Go see it, right now!










I hesitated in adding this to the list because it isn't out on DVD yet, so in a sense it hasn't yet proved its ability to endure. I thought about it a lot, and I figured that after five theatrical viewings, and still craving more, it was safe to include. I've never seen a film that involved me as much as Avatar. It is without a doubt the most influential film of this generation. I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I didn't know you liked Jesse Stone movies too. How ironic. And can I just say that I LOVE Tom Selleck! He's very attractive for an old guy. ;)

Robby Spratt said...

Yeah he is! I wish I could get women like Jesse Stone/Tom Selleck/Magnum P.I./Matthew Quigley. Maybe I should grow a sweet mustache...