Counter

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Seriously?


Four and a half miles per hour? Really? Does this seem even remotely reasonable? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a car speedometer with one-mile-per-hour increments, let alone half-mile increments.
I can sort of see where they are going with this. I get that they are trying to tell people that they Really, Really, Really don't want them speeding; and I understand how 5 mph turns into 10, and how 10 mph turns into 20, but really? Could this inane speed even be enforced?
I tried really hard to actually drive the 4.5 mph, and it was painfully slow. A suicidal squirrel could have jumped right in front of my tire and I could have stopped in time...
Anyway, I thought the speed limit sign was pretty funny, so I thought I would share it with everyone on the world wide web. You're welcome!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I didn't even know it was possible to go 4.5 miles an hour. Wish I could have seen it.