Counter

Monday, November 30, 2009

I Get It Now!


Last week I had a strange experience which puzzled me for a brief time until I brushed it aside and figured it was nothing. I was sitting in the Union Building in between classes(as usual) and reading a book(as usual) when I was approached by a small herd of girls. Yes, girls do travel in herds. Anyway, the leader of the herd had a clipboard. I was all prepared for an awkward interview on a subject I was not particularly interested in. What she said instead surprised me. She said, "I enjoy how focused you are on your book. What's your name?" Slightly suspicious of her intentions, I reluctantly told her my name. She wrote it down on her clipboard and then the herd moved off as quickly as it had approached. I sat there for a moment in quiet vexation, before concluding that it must have been some strange assignment for a class I would never have to take. That was pretty much the last time I thought about the experience until today.
I was perusing one of my friends latest blog posts when I saw a link from her page to an interesting looking blog. I decided to surf on over to that other blog and see what it was about. What it is about is doing little nice things every day to try and make the world a better place. Quickly I discovered THIS recent post which just happened to give an assignment to compliment a total stranger. I have no idea if my experience is in any way related to this blog, but as soon as I saw it, it gave a certain reassurance that perhaps there was some reason behind that girls awkward compliment. Anyway, it's a very "nice" blog with a lot of really neat ideas. I encourage you to give it a read.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I like your sleeves.