Counter

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Last night, or early this morning, whichever you prefer; I had my first ever Black Friday experience. My brother Andrew convinced me to wake up at 2:30 AM so we could get to Old Navy's sale starting at 3:00 AM.
Some things were exactly what I expected, but other parts surprised me. When we got there, there was a line going out the door and around the side of the building. Luckily the line moved swiftly so we didn't have to wait out in the cold for very long. Once inside I was surprised that there was none of the pushing, shoving, or arguing over sale items that I was expecting. In fact there was sort of a hushed silence over the store, as if people were well aware of the unholy hour of the morning they had chosen to do their shopping.
Andrew and I both easily found the items we were looking for, tried them on, and then began our 45 minute wait in the check-out line. We got out of the store at 4:10 AM. Besides the long wait for a register, it was a pretty standard Old-Navy experience. I think the effort was well worth the $15 jeans. I don't think I would do it again for just any old sale.

2 comments:

Leon said...

I went today too. Except I went to Target instead of Old Navy. And all I did was buy a few movies. And then I went the Walmart, and the rest is history.

Jami said...

you should try best buy, walmart, jc penny, and target to see some arguing.