Counter

Monday, October 26, 2009

I Hate You Jack London!

Have you ever read a book that made you so mad that you have actually thrown it across the room? Have you ever been tempted to just rip a book in half and throw it away forever? I've read some books that I didn't particularly like, but there has only been one that I have actually hated. This infamous book is The Call of the Wild by Jack London.


Maybe it's just because I love dogs, or maybe it's because I'm a total wuss and hate violence and animal cruelty; whatever the reason, I hated every single page and sentence of this book. Start to finish I thought it was disgusting and vile. There was never anything redeeming in the story, it was just bad, followed by more bad. When I finished the last word of the last page, I closed the book, looked at it for a few seconds with fury in my eyes, then threw it against the wall as hard as I could. I couldn't actually bring myself to destroy it, but I was tempted many times. This was the first Jack London book I have read, and I'm not planning on reading any of his other works any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why'd you hate it? Happy ending.