Counter

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn


I just finished reading one of the most wonderful books! A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, by Betty Smith.
Sometimes when I am reading an enjoyable book, I find myself rushing through it, almost gobbling up the pages. With this book, I found myself reading slowly and carefully, savoring every wonderful word of each poignant page. Often I would lose myself in the book and, hours later, realize that I had read into the early hours of the morning.
Sometimes when I would close the book for the evening, I would just lie in bed holding the book to my chest, smiling, reflecting on what I had read, enjoying the feelings of deep satisfaction and gratitude that come from reading such a fine book.
There are several books which I consider "required reading for all of humanity," and A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is unquestionably on this list. I highly recommend that you pick up a copy. Reading this book will make you a better person, and give you a greater appreciation for life; but don't take my word for it...

1 comment:

Leon said...

Sounds like you need a girlfriend. Wait...so do I...
Dang.