Counter

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Less of a Man

Last night I stepped on a scale for the first time in about a month. I was pleasantly surprised at the three numbers that presented themselves. 1-7-2. I've lost over ten pounds! For the last four or five years my weight has stayed pretty consistently between 180 and 185 pounds, but a few months ago I noticed that I was looking, and feeling, heavier than ever before. I was shocked when I weighed in at a little over 190 pounds. I decided it was time to change a few habits and get healthier. Since then I've cut down the size of my portions, I've tried to eat better, I've started eating breakfast, I pack lunches instead of eating out, and I've switched from drinking soda to water. I've also been running regularly, biking more, doing push-ups and crunches every morning, and lifting weights.
The last couple weeks I've noticed that I've had to tighten my belts one notch, and last week I started tightening them two notches. I feel like I am in the best shape I have ever been in, and I think I look better too. Ideally I would like to get down around 160-165 pounds. I'm excited to see where I will sit after an entire summer of exercise and healthy eating.

1 comment:

Jami said...

yea! we can be blog buddies now. and way to go on excersing. all i get is walking to work.