Counter

Monday, April 20, 2009

Aspirin Face!

Once in a while I enjoy reading Google's How to of the Day articles. Frequently they have amazing articles such as How to Survive Falling Out of an Airplane, or How to Pick a Lock, or How to Unclog a Toilet, etc. This is obviously really useful stuff. The other day I read an article that I just had to try out; How to Use Aspirin to Clear Up Pimples. Apparently, since Aspirin is an anti-inflamatory, you can crush it into a fine powder, mix it with a little water, and spread it on the affected area to reduce swelling and redness overnight.
Thankfully since my Accutane treatments in Jr. High I have been mostly blemish free. On occasion one or two pesky clogged pores will emerge. I just happened to read this article on a day when I had a particularly nasty pimple creeping up to the surface. I decided to give this little treatment a try.
I made the suggested concoction, and applied it to the hideous protrusion. I had a lot of the white goo left over, and I thought it would be an awful waste of a single Aspirin tablet to throw it out, so I began searching for more red spots to treat. As you can see, I got a little carried away.
My optimistic roommate Dave said that I looked like I was applying war paint in preparation for battle. He usually finds a way to make my dumb ideas sound more cool than they actually are; for which I am grateful.
The next morning I carefully inspected the treated areas. The swelling in the most severe area had gone down a little, but not as much as I was hoping. All the other areas I treated looked exactly the same as the night before. I guess I got myself all Aspirin-faced for nothing. On the bright side, I did get a particularly rediculous looking photo out of the experience...that's good right?

1 comment:

Squall said...

Indeed. Very good.